What You’ll Learn in this Class
Course participants will learn the basics of coal trading:
- the traded coal products,
- the types of trading instruments (forward contracts, swaps, options, basis trades),
- identifying and managing risk,
- understanding forward curves, and
- establishing a trading function in your organization.
There will not be a class in 2016, but some of the materials may be presented in a series of webinars. Portions of the class manual will also be available online. Look for additional details later this year.
The course includes these topics:
- coal commodities and trading platforms,
- hedging strategies for producers and generators,
- swaps and physical indexation,
- futures and options,
- time, quality, and location spreads,
- settlements process, and
- credit and contract language.
A cancellation policy for the webinar will be announced when registration is open.
The registration process will be available online later this year. Look for an email to the entire membership.