What You’ll Learn in the Training Materials
The training manual for this class, available only to CTA members, covers the basics of coal trading:
- the traded coal products,
- the types of trading instruments (forward contracts, swaps, options, basis trades),
- identifying and managing risk,
- understanding forward curves, and
- establishing a trading function in your organization.
The Training Committee is in the process of making this training program a virtual experience. Topics covered include the following
- coal commodities and trading platforms,
- hedging strategies for producers and generators,
- swaps and physical indexation,
- futures and options,
- time, quality, and location spreads,
- settlements process, and
- credit and contract language.
Accessing the Class Materials and Webinars
This material is available in the Members Only section of this website. Log in to access them.